Saturday, January 31, 2009

Came and left..

Assalamualaikum,

Today is the 31st of January. A Saturday. The last day of the first month. Its been a month since school began. I have finally settled down in my new school. It seems like just yesterday the promising year of 2009 started. Lets recall what happened so far.

1st Week
Attended Victoria School for the first time. Missed the first two days. Made some new friends. Getting to know the schedule. I also met up with Irsyadian buddies. Some tried to make me feel like I'm missing a lot of things since I am not in Irsyad. Way to be supportive. There were also those who were just disappointed that I didn't tell them I was going to leave, but I told some others. It wasn't confirmed if I was going to leave yet so I didn't tell anyone but just some close friends who won't jeer at me if I couldn't make it. Imagine what would happen if I told everyone I was going to leave, but then I didn't.

2nd Week
Nothing much happened. I just bought the remainder of my stationery and books that were missing and needed. Found out about the hectic life I'll be having due to the homework and projects. Abdullah and Luqman Nur saw me in my new uniform at Bishan Junction 8. I got hit by a car.

3rd Week
Applied for 3rd Language. Arabic. "Studied for 8 years. A waste if you can't take it as an O level paper," my mother said. Agreed. Wrote a commomwealth essay draft for the essay writing competition. Looking forward to the long Chinese New Year weekend. There was a celebration on Friday and we were released off early. So I went to Masjid Muhajirin for my Friday Prayers instead of Masjid Kampung Siglap. Saw some Irsyad buddies again. Barack Obama was sworn in as President.

4th Week
Started off great with a long weekend. Left for Batam on Saturday. Arrived in Singapore on Monday. Missed the partial solar eclipse. I was already at Singapore when it happened. But I didn't realise it was happening as there was no change in the light whatsoever. Many Irsyadians saw it and blogged about it.

Met with Luqman Nur, Abdullah and Luqman Hakim at Junction 8. Then we headed off to my house for some basketball. It seems like a tradition that we have been practising since last year. We always play basketball at the Cairnhill CC near the Irsyad-Newton after Friday Prayers. Now we do it at the basketball court behind my house. There's also Bishan Active, but they didn't want to play there as it was "open". It was surrounded by blocks of houses. People could see how pathetic we were. But hey! We're just having fun.

So that's how the month ended. Lets see how February will be like..

Salam..peace..[(:P)<-<

No comments: