Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Don't hit me...

What happened today was beyond any other day and I wish it'd never happen again. I got up in the morning and managed to reach the bus stop before 6AM (Bus 13 reaches around there). I slept in the bus for about 45 minutes (The whole trip is always 1 hour flat). 15 minutes before arrival, I woke up and prepared to alight. After alighting, I made my way to school from the bus stop. At the junction, I waited calmly for the pedestrian traffic light to turn green, after which I crossed the road. Halfway across, There were some cars just going across my path to turn right. I waited for them to stop (even if it was my right of way). Suddenly, a car just hit me. The front bumper hit my knee and I had some abrasions (Which I found out about an hour later). My elbow just hit the front hood of the car making a loud metal "pang" sound. The tires, just went over both of my feet. In a split second, there was honking from other cars, the sound of screeching tires, and my loud "argh"..

I didn't realised I was injured at all. I was just mad at the guy for just driving when it was my right of way. The driver stopped to ask me if I was "OK". Being in shock and can't think straight, I just told the guy,"Hey! It was a green light. Why did you just drive when I was in the way?" But he just kept asking "Are you OK, Are you OK?"

I just said that I was OK to keep him quiet as I was afraid of being late to school. After arriving at school. Some people saw my injury and asked me what happened (This was when I realised).

School. It was not that bad, Physics being the subject of the day (The most interesting one). During Higher Mother Tongue reading session, my teacher asked about my background and also about my family.

After school, I went to Masjid Kampung Siglap to perform Zuhr prayers and then went to Junction 8 to buy my higher mother tongue books and met Abdullah and Luqman Nur. We talked about school and update each other with our lives.

Right now I am feeling fine, still a little shocked by what happened earlier this morning and also excited about tomorrow's Higher Arts class. Arts is only once a week so I must make the most of my time in it.

Salam..peace..[(:P)<-<

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salam Aziz, I am honestly surprised that you actually decided to leave us. The small comfort is that you are at VS. I am an old boy. Graduating class 4J of 1993. You will grow to love the school.

I hope that you will also not forget what you have learnt at al-Irsyad. It's a jungle out there. The VS now is unlike the VS of my time so I can't tell you much, but the level of mischief is definitely unlike what you are used to.

Come and visit us one day. It will be nice to see you again.

Wassalam
Mr Nizam