Monday, October 26, 2009

22 July (Pi Approximation Day/Longest Solar Eclipse of the century)

Assalamualaikum,

It actually feels good to be blogging once again. Looking back on my previous post, I realised I've been blogging once a month. I am writing today to touch on some interesting events that happened recently in my life. So its Week 5 of Term 3 in Victoria School. Basketball on Fridays have been going on I assure you people.

Its been seven months since I step into Victoria school, and I feel different. I made new friends, definitely. And also strengthened old bonds. I miss life at Irsyad. I miss the "kampung" atmosphere, the fresh air every morning at Winstedt Road. I miss the canteen. I miss the CO-OP. The eco-garden, dusty but pleasant atmosphere of the classrooms. I miss staring out into the seemingly-neverending field, where Irsyadians have house tournaments, ran around, played "water-bombs" or just hang out. I miss that massive tree. I miss all my friends, peer tutors and everything. To list all the amazing things that I experience, people I met and got to know, things I've learnt and understood, in Irsyad, would be impossible.

Ok, touching moment over.

Updates:
Yesterday I boarded a bus 55 from Victoria School, and guess what, I saw an elderly couple smuggle a dog onto a bus. A picture speaks a thousand words. Since my video has approximately more than 12 frames per second and my video is around 52 seconds, so doing the necessary calculations..
I will show you 37,440,000 words..
Enjoy..




Actually I didn't notice it until I saw the reflection of the dog on the window of the bus.

Today:
22 July 2009 is Pi Approximation Day. The day commemorates the time Archimedes found the approximation of Pi which is 22/7 hence 22 July. Similar to Pi Day which is on March 14 (3.14). There were Pi Pies sold at school.(More puns) They are basically pies with the Pi symbol on it. Cost 1 dollar. Blueberry pies the size of my palm. All proceeds goes to the Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund. I bought one.

Also there was a Solar Eclipse. You know, where the sun is blocked by the moon. It was the longest in the century..!

Salam...Peace [(:P)<-<

No comments: