Sunday, February 13, 2011

Revolution

Assalamualaikum,

I had some ideas on what I wanted to blog about but I forgot them. :(
I should have taken them down.

Anyway, the revolution in Egypt has finally achieved something. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, the citizens of Egypt took to the streets to protest against their pro-american government that have been treating them terribly over the past 30 years. Their president, Hosni Mubarak, finally stepped down after a 30 year control of the nation. Thousands of people protested at Tahrir Square in Cairo for 18 days before Mubarak finally stepped down. Egypt is now, literally, in shambles as the people tried to rebuild their nation. During the 18 day protest/riot people looted here and there, destroying infrastructure as well as various invaluable ancient artifacts in their museums. I sincerely hope that they will be able to get on their feet as soon as possible.

That had nothing to do with me. Or does it? Maybe one day Singaporeans will overthrow their government? Will the spillover effect cause more mayhem in Egypt's neighbouring countries, thus creating chaos and possibly an all out world war? Possibly.

I'm kidding, I hope none of that happens, maybe the first, but not the rest. That is all for this week. See ya!

Salam...peace..

No comments: