Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Flashback..Deja Vu..what ever you call it..

Assalamualaikum,

Today, the 20th of November is the day all the Primary 6 students get their Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE) results. This year is my sisters turn to take her PSLE. I still remember the day I got my results. Its like I am taking a parallel journey into my past today. The day I got my results.

Anyway, I woke up this morning and got ready to go to Irsyad to see my sister's results along with the rest of my family. I had a feeling she was going to do so well for her PSLE. I went to school the way I did when it was my PSLE results. Sat down at the Multi-Purpose Hall (Musollah) and waited with my parents while my sister sat with her classmates. Nervous faces. The same type of worried, anxious faces I saw two years ago. The boys in her class were a little different. Trying to look "macho" and "cool". Like my batch, my sister's batch had expected who would make the top ten. "Oh, the usual people," they would think. I can't tell you who they are though.

(2PM): Revealing the Top Ten

Everything is happening the same way it did two years ago, but not on me, but my sister. She got 2nd. So proud of her.

Alhamdulillah..

The only difference is that the media were there. Apparently the kid who got 1st in Irsyad and also all the 6 madrasahs got an aggregate of 260. Amazing. Breaking records. Reporters from various newspaper and news channels interviewed the students who got 1st and 2nd. Lets just skip that part.

(4.30PM): Going home

On the way home, we talked about my sister's results. Thinking of which school she wants to go to. Choosing. Decision-making. Permanent decisions.

(5PM): At home

At home we surfed the internet, the Ministry of Education's website, to find which school she's eligible for. The same way it happened. I can almost expect what comes next. They fussed over the scores and cut-off points. I am just worried if it really will happen the way it did with me. My sister really wants to get into a better government secondary school where she hopes her true potential in academics subjects will flourish. If the same thing happens to her, she will stay in Irsyad like me. Not that its a bad thing. I mean, its great! Look at me. I am starting to improve in my ukhrawi subjects. I still remembered when a week before my results, Miqdad and I were walking along the corridor (heading somewhere I do not recall) when we bumped into Madam Faizah, our science teacher:
Mdm: Miqdad, I heard you were thinking about changing schools.

Miqdad: Yaahh..(Dreading a conversation)

Mdm: Miqdad, I think you should think it over, you should complete your madrasah education before going to a secular school..

Miqdad: But I finished primary school at Irsyad, is that not enough?

Mdm: No lah. the least you should do is complete both primary and secondary at Irsyad, get your religious knowledge stable first.

Miqdad: Teacher..I will be taking extra religious classes..(sighing/annoyed)

Mdm: But that won't be the same as being educated in Irsyad. Anyway, Aziz I heard you also want to go out. To Victoria..is it?

Me: Maybe, depends on my results and if they accept my appeal. (Madrasah cannot apply like normal schools, must appeal)

Mdm: Otherwise you'd be staying here?

Me: Yup (Looking unsure)

Mdm: Anyway, Miqdad, whatever you choose, hope you will succeed and never forget your religion.

Miqdad: Yeaa Yeahh...(leaving)
Me: Ok..bye..(left with him)
Probably the above conversation affects me the way I do not want my sister to change school. She should get her religious studies stable first. Be sure of what is Halal and what is Haram. There are many things I've learnt in secondary Irsyad that I wouldn't have been able to know if I left Irsyad. Important things.

So after checking out every girl school there is. My sister settled with....erm..wait (running to my sister)..
Me: What school did you choose?
Sister: Cresent Girls..Why? Did I get in??
Me: I don't know...(Dragging my words)
So after this, I am going to perform Maghrib prayers, and then watch the humiliating news. (My sister being interviewed) Its worse now that my mother told almost every relative about it.

Ok I am off then..
Salam...Peace..[(:P)<-<

P.S.:Just remembered, need to get her a gift. Thinking of getting for her an Audition Cash Card. Which is so expensive! ($10.70) for what it does. (It gives her online character credits to buy stuff for her dance game)

No comments: