Thursday, December 4, 2008

Long Time No Post (Summary of my week)

Assalamualaikum,

Its been a couple of days since I last wrote, because I was so busy with some events going on.
Here's a short, not-so-short, lengthy briefing explanation (it gets longer and longer):

Saturday:
Had a barbecue at my home during the night with my cousins. It was great. We played with PSPs before the barbecue and during the barbecue we played soccer and fire sparklers. Nearing the end of our BBQ at about 11PM, two of my cousins followed me back up to my house to grab some stuff. On the way down, one of them had some sort of asthma attack. He could not breath so we had to carry him slowly to a place where we let him sit down. I accompanied him while my other cousin ran for his life looking for help from my aunt (their mum). In the end, everyone went home or followed my father as he sent my cousin to either a hospital or some traditional medicine man. Not that sure. While my other cousins slept over at my house as everyone was so busy taking care that poor kid.

Sunday:
Left home so early in the morning, before everyone even got up, except my grandmother who was also sleeping over. I went to East Coast Park to recce the place for the Peer Tutors outing which was the next day. Looked around the place for interesting locations..Bla bla..

(3PM)
Went home. Cousins were still at home playing games at PC and PSPs and also Lego. They had a competition to see who was the most creative but sadly I was too busy preparing for the next day's outing.

Monday:
Peer Tutors Outing
Went to east Coast Park (again) to supervise the whole race and brief the station masters and mistresses. During the race, I rented a bike to make sure all the 6 stations were doing fine. Tutors complained about the tasks they had to do on each station. Some were near-impossible BUT not impossible.

Station 1: Balloon Tower
teams have to build a tower out of balloons and tape. Simple enough.

Station 2: Blind Mice
Teams have to go through an obstacle course blind-folded with only the station master and group leader to guide them. Not that simple enough. Especially with Rufaidah as station mistress, who tried to torture the tutors. All in good fun, all in good fun.

Station 3: Veggie Factor
Eat some veggies (Blended tomato, celery and chilli flakes) blind-folded, and guess what they are eating. Easy to guess but not easy to swallow.

Station 4: Puzzle hunt
Teams must dig in the sand in search of 9 puzzle pieces which must then be solved. Hard as hell.

Station 5: Foot Bowling
Teams must now knock down a lot of cans one kick at a time with a ball. Easy enough until they reach the last can which, again, is near-impossible.

Station 6: Mind Games
Teams must first complete a word search which is almost as hard as hell and then try to solve a sudoku puzzle within a ten minute time limit. They must try to get as many answers right. Most time-wasting part of the race.

So that was the race. Sounds simple? Figuring out the clue to get from one station to another isn't as simple.

(5PM): Went to my cousin's home
After they have slept over at my home, I went over to theirs. Again more fun but this time I didn't have much things to do. In fact I have nothing to do.

Tuesday:
Still at my cousins house. Playing games and watching TV. Later in the evening, I learnt that my mother's father had just passed away.

Wednesday:
Went to my grandfather's funeral. Quiet. Sombre. Sad. All I can say.

Thursday (Yesterday):
Didn't do much. Just read some books and also Archie Comics. Watched some Television. At least Kuzco from "The Emperor's New School" (a cartoon) cheered my mum up a little. Seeing her chuckle. Sigh.

Friday (Today):
Woke up in the morning. Saw my parents talking about something looking very serious. I know that look, the one where I am not supposed to interupt. Later we went to McDonalds to take our breakfast. My father went to his office after he sent everyone back home.

Went to Masjid An-Nahdhah to perform our Friday Prayers. Met Abdullah and Haziq. After that we went to J8. Then we went home. Simple. Nothing complicated.


-----------------------This exact moment (about 4:56PM)-----------------------
From this point onwards what I write have not happened but they are what I plan to do.

Later I plan to watch Survivor: Gabon, Earth's Last Eden at 11PM I missed the "Direct-Off Satelite" telecast (3PM), as usual.

Saturday:
No plans yet. Most probably packing up for sunday.

Sunday:
(Plans) Departing for Tanjung pinang and then to Pulau Penyengat (Scorpion Island [I Think] because they say its shaped like a scorpion from above [I don't know who's "they"]) for Eidul Adha. Visiting relatives from our village.

Monday:
Eidul Adha.

Salam...Peace..[(:P)<-<

No comments: